Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
A day we celebrate a great man with a vision well beyond his years!
With the day off of school we wanted to offer activities that the kids can take advantage of! On Monday, Coach Ray is coaching a youth tournament in the morning so we will have a $5 open gym starting at 2pm and ending at 4pm. The open gym will be much like Winter Break “FREEcess” where kids will participate in a few activities like soccer, dodgeball, wiffleball, kickball, and more! Please bring cash or check for payment.
Tuesday, January 16th is also a Teachers Institute day for District 15 and others, therefore we will be offering the following drop in lacrosse classes:
- 10:00am – Lacrosse Ball-Handling class. Emphasis is on securing the ball in your pocket, getting yourself to space to make a pass or shot, and securing ball control and maintaing possession. Class fee is $10 per participant.
- 11:00am – Lacrosse Defensive Class. Emphasis is on balance, footwork, and applying pressure to the ball carrier. We will work on poke checks, slap checks, footwork, balance, pursuit angles, and body checks. Class fee is $10 per participant.
- Noon – Lacrosse Shooting Class. Emphasis is on footwork, balance, and shot placement. We will discuss proper types of shots, locations, and best ways to beat the goalie. Class fee is $10 per participant.
- 1:00pm – CHUMASH! Come out and play a unique style of lacrosse that helps players work together and score from proper angles. Truly a unique game that you will enjoy! Class fee is $10 per participant.
- 2:00pm – $5 open gym, same as above!
Please join us for these great activities. To participate we must have a waiver on file, please CLICK HERE to print a copy. Thanks!